Mom guilt gets a bad wrap.
^^ I didn’t write that as a “gift” pun… but it’s actually perfect. Because in this ep I’m speaking to the GIFT(s) of mom guilt.
Specifically, I’m sharing a helpful reframe that’s really shifted my view of it this year.
(And how I see it differently now than I did when I recorded my first solo ep of this very podcast – On Mom Guilt and Martyrdom).
I offer up the idea of seeing mom guilt (any guilt, and really any emotion) as valuable feedback.
Instead of hot-potato’ing our way out of uncomfortable emotions, what happens if we see them as teachers and opportunities to evaluate + recalibrate?
I also share a simple (not easy, but SIMPLE) exercise that has helped me take the sting out of guilt so I can GET to the point of seeing the lesson.
There’s always a benefit if we’re willing to look hard enough.
Have a listen and tag me in your Instastory @nikkielledgebrown with your fave aha!
LISTEN IN >>
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
*Some of these are affiliate links
- Brené Brown on guilt vs. shame
- On Mom Guilt and Martyrdom [NE 003]
- How to Appreciate Where You Are NOW [NE 052]
- drdemartini.com << finding the benefits
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.