My little guy’s first “career day” at school really got me thinking.
What if, instead of asking “WHAT do you want to be when you grow up?” – implying that we’ve gotta fit neatly into one checkbox – we asked “Who do you want to be? What do you want to do? How do you want to feel?” and let those little (big) imaginations fly from there?
I’m looking back at my own childhood aspirations – TV host, published author, college professor, counselor, fundraiser, mom, and realizing that through my business, I actually get to “be” ALL of those things.
Literally – even though I find plenty of ways to overcomplicate it – I’m livin little Nik’s dream.
In this episode I encourage you to think back to YOUR younger self – the one who didn’t use a “will this make money” filter – and note the elements and experiences you’d love to bring back into your life and business.
IN THIS EP, WE COVER:
- A reexamination of the usual “career day” Qs
- What I wanted to “be” when I was younger (+ how my biz ticks all of the boxes)
- The value in sharing the work we do with our kiddos AND our peers
- The career day challenge: How would you explain what you do / who you serve / WHY to a group of five-year-old kiddos?
- A Q to help you get back to who you REALLY want to be as a grownup 😉
LISTEN IN >>
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
- Divine Breadcrumbs: The Path to Ease-y Money™ [NE 015]
- Launching a Naptime Empire (My Story) [NE 001]
- BOOK: The Desire Map (affiliate link)
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.