Reina Pomeroy is the Founder of Reina + Co and the Creator of the Dreamy Client Magnet Program. She helps multi-passionate entrepreneurs get laser focused so they can book more dreamy clients with ease, get paid to do what they love, and have the freedom and flexibility they crave. Reina is also a coach and facilitator for the Women in Management program at Stanford Business School. She is a certified coach, speaker, educator, author, podcaster, and mom.
HOW WE MET
Reina and I originally connected back in 2016. She reached out with the most genuine note of gratitude and encouragement with – and this is important – NO ASK. It was SO refreshing and really stood out from the emails in my inbox. I replied, we connected, and eventually had a great convo on the super popular podcast she just recently wrapped called Creative Empire.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- What motivated Reina to shift from a career in social work to a coaching business
- How she intentionally created new hobbies when she realized she had none (spoiler alert: ice skating! love this part)
- How working fewer hours has been exactly what she needs in this season of life
- How / why she’s read over 130 (!) books in 2018 + some of her faves
- A mini sidebar about sharing not just business but LIFE in a way that feels sincere
- A fun sneak peek at a big (totally not biz-related) goal she has for 2019
LISTEN IN >>
RECAP + HOMEWORK
- Do what’s right for YOU. Full time, part-time, at home, away from home – there’s no one way to do this whole motherhood + business thing.
- Ice skating! Love what she says about how the transition is so much smoother when you trust yourself.
- Movie date, friend phone time, dance class… What’s one simple yet non-negotiable monthly date you can make with yourself?
And if you haven’t yet, I would SO appreciate it if you’d take 60 seconds to leave a rating and review while you’re listening in your fave podcasting app. Love reading those and they help more people find our corner of the podcast world too.
KEY QUOTES FROM REINA
“I know that being a stay-at-home parent has its merits, but I was just not cut out for it.”
“I get competitive with myself. When I set a goal and I want to achieve that, anything less than the monetary goal, numerical goal or some kind of quantitative goal felt like underperforming.”
“For sure financial stability, success and prosperity is always good, but at what cost?”
“When I trust myself, it’s kind of like a leap of faith and I just go for it and hope for the best.”
“Whenever I’m at a point where I’m stuck, I need to work on my mindset, not the strategy.”
“Sometimes you need to take time for yourself and not focus on business as much, for your self-preservation.”
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
Big Plan for the Creative Mind by Reina and Dannie Fountain
Becoming by Michelle Obama
Big Magic by Liz Gilbert
The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John D. Mann
This Is How It Always Is by Laurel Frankel
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
MORE FROM REINA
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen. Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.