Rachel Rodgers is the founder of Hello Seven + Million Dollar Badass, a mastermind for business owners who are committed AF to making seven figures. She built her own seven-figure business while raising three (now four!) kids, and she knows it’s possible to have it all – family, success, money, impact and eight hours of sleep. She’s an intellectual property lawyer and a business coach who’s been profiled in Fast Company, Entrepreneur Magazine, on MSNBC + other fancy publications, and just recently launched her own podcast, Million Dollar Badass.
HOW WE MET
Rachel and I met online yeeears ago and finally in real life at an event last year in Carmel. When we had THIS particular convo earlier in 2018, her littlest guy Jett was still cookin but now he’s HERE… and so is HER podcast, Million Dollar Badass, which was a twinkle in her eye back then.
Some behind-the-scenes scoop for you – I’ve been needing to record the intro for this episode for so long + was totally mean girling myself about it. When I messaged Rachel to say it’s FINALLY happening and she shared her podcast was launching this week I realized: ALL IN PERFECT TIMING.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- How Rachel was able to grow her business exponentially while on bed rest during her second pregnancy
- How she leveraged online marketing to create her own virtual law office
- What she loves about being the primary breadwinner in her family
- The reality check she got around working too much and how she stepped back to recalibrate and prioritize what really mattered
- How she incorporates what she learned from running a legal firm into her coaching business
- Rachel’s thoughts on employees versus contractors for your business (so interested in this piece!)
- What’s currently lighting her up in her business and why she says her “Million Dollar Badass Framework” is about so much more than just money
- Why she feels that therapy is so important + how it differs from life coaching
LISTEN IN >>
RECAP + HOMEWORK
“When I look at my strengths and what my skillset is, being behind a computer all day doesn’t make any sense.” What is YOUR true skillset and are you actually using it? Or doing what it feels like you SHOULD do?
“Do not be afraid of having employees. The reality is that you’re better off with one person that’s full-time than seven part-timers.” If this one spoke to you too – start doing the research and figure out what you need to do to be ready – legally and financially to hire your first employee. It only feels intimidating when we don’t UNDERSTAND it.
And if you haven’t yet, I would SO appreciate it if you’d take 60 seconds to leave a rating and review while you’re listening in your fave podcasting app. Love reading those and they help more people find our corner of the podcast world too.
KEY QUOTES FROM RACHEL
“I kind of felt like the life of lawyers and litigators, which I was expected to be, just wouldn’t give me the lifestyle that I wanted.”
“I feel like so many entrepreneurs are terrified to do something different.”
“When I look at my strengths and what my skillset is, being behind a computer all day doesn’t make any sense.”
“Do not be afraid of having employees. The reality is that you’re better off with one person that’s full-time than 7 part-timers.”
“I feel like we live in this incredible time. Yes, there’s so much going on in the world that’s a hot mess, but I like that there’s so much positive too.”
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
- Rachel’s Million Dollar Badass Mastermind
- Her Glow-Up 10-Week Course
- Martha Beck Life Coach Training
MORE FROM RACHEL
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen. Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.