Let’s talk newsfeeds.
If you’re anything like me, if you’re not careful (mindful), you can waste minutes (hours?) in a given day or week SCROLLING mindlessly through updates that make absolutely NO significant impact on your quality of life.
I challenged myself to ONE blissful social media free weekend in 2016 – one night at a time.
Over the course of the weekend, I read a hard cover book (Liz Gilbert’s Big Magic – highly recommend it!), part of a digi-book, and thoroughly enjoyed focusing on being PRESENT.
It was strange to note the urge to take a pic “just to share it” rather than to have it for my little fam’s memories one day.
For the past few weekends I’ve gone social media free again – and, while not for everybody or for every weekend… I gotta say: I love it.
I love the challenge of finding OTHER things to do with my time. Ways to fill my cup and enjoy my fam, my me time, or SHOOTS – even sleep!
That’s what’s on deck in this quick episode.
IN THIS ONE, WE COVER:
– Do you ever feel like you were swallowed by the internet when you started your biz?
– A *brief* discussion on the light + dark of social media
– How some of my most successful friends leverage time on vs. off screen
– A simple challenge to ditch the news feeds and enjoy the world around you with your own eyeballs
LISTEN IN >>
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
MORE FROM ME
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.