Parijat Deshpande is the leading high-risk pregnancy specialist, somatic trauma professional and speaker and author who guides women to improve their pregnancy complications so they can reduce their risk of preterm birth. Her unique neurobiological approach has served hundreds of women to manage pregnancy complications and reclaim a safety and trust in their bodies that they thought was eroded forever.
She’s also the author of bestselling book Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy and the host of the popular podcast Delivering Miracles®, discussing the real, raw side of family-building including infertility, loss, high-risk pregnancy, bed rest, prematurity and healing once baby comes home.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- Parijat’s own fertility journey – including life-threatening loss, IVF, bedrest, delivering her son at 25 weeks, working with a gestational carrier to bring her daughter into the world
- Her work on trauma and traumatic loss healing
- How she coped with being on bedrest from six weeks on
- What the gestational carrier pregnancy experience was like for her
- What it felt like when her book was officially LAUNCHED out into the world
- How she started her business in pockets of time and what she’s most inspired by now
LISTEN IN >>
Check out her book or scroll through her podcast and share it with a friend who’s pregnant or wants to be. These conversations are so important!
And if you haven’t yet, I would SO appreciate it if you’d take 60 seconds to leave a rating and review while you’re listening in your fave podcasting app!
More reviews = more visibility for the entrepreneurial mamas (past, present, and future) looking for hope + humor along the journey.
KEY QUOTES FROM PARIJAT
“I’m nobody special. I don’t have any super powers, but there is something built into our bodies that nobody is telling us that can actually help us have a healthy pregnancy. And if I can do it, anybody can do it.”
(on bedrest from week six of pregnancy) “…feeling like you’re not doing anything when in fact you were actually protecting a life, but it’s not visible. It’s not obvious. And especially when you have complications, sometimes it feels like, well, I’m doing all this and still it’s not working… what’s going on?”
“This is the book that needed to be written for women like me who didn’t have a resource or a book to turn to — when we’re going through an experience of pregnancy that most people don’t understand.”
“I want women to experience what is possible in their bodies.”
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
- BOOK: Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy *affiliate link
MORE FROM PARIJAT
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on Apple Podcasts. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play. Or Spotify.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen. Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)