Nicole Walters is a (hilarious + bright) income strategist who teaches people how to turn their passions into profits with her online training programs. Years ago she quit her six-figure corporate job, while streaming live on Periscope in front of 10,000 people. Six month later, she’d built a million dollar business helping everyday entrepreneurs embrace the #monetizethyself™ mindset and apply corporate strategies to reach their financial goals.
HOW WE MET
You may have actually SEEN or watched one of Nicole’s videos without realizing it.
She’s had TWO videos go insanely viral within a few weeks of each other – which is how she came into my world. My buddy Ari had shared a viral video of her talking about the bus stop and I went down the rabbit hole watching her videos for like 30 minutes, promptly sending her a FB audio note to profess my love and invite her to share her story + genius with us here.
Lucky for us – she said YES – and I can’t think of a better guest to kick us off for season two.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- The backwards focus that MANY of us have when starting businesses online
- Key (corporate) mindset shifts for everyday entrepreneurs
- How she + her husband adopted their three daughters (now 6, 15, 18)
- What being a “family-first” entrepreneur looks like for her
- What it’s REALLY like to go viral (+ how she handled the critics)
- The power of showing up CONSISTENTLY (+ why livestream is her channel o’ choice)
- How hiring a house manager has changed the game for her fam
- The value in having a designated “head of operations” in your business.
KEY QUOTES FROM NICOLE
“I have this six-figure job…it’s feeding my family, but it’s not feeding my soul.”
“I wasn’t prepared to lose naptime.”
“You’re not supposed to be all the things.”
“If you can mom, you can entrepreneur.”
“If you can ask the question, you deserve an honest answer.”
“We laugh a lot in our house.”
“I’ve never met a hater that’s doing better than me.”
“If my family is okay with me…that’s enough.”
LISTEN IN >>
There’s always more to talk about after the show (seriously – every time I stop recording I think oh WAIT! I could’ve shared this too!). Make sure you join The Naptime Empires Playground on Facebook to add your voice to the conversation.
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
- VIDEO: The new college mom rant (over 5.5 million views and freaking HI LAR I OUS)
- VIDEO: The bus stop scope / the “functional hot mess” parenting style – first vid I saw 😉
- On Mom Guilt and Martyrdom [NE 003]
- Nicole’s 1k1day program
MORE FROM NICOLE
- Visit her website
- Like her on FB
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Follow her on Twitter
- Follow her on Periscope
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Follow her on Instagram
MORE FROM ME
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.