Jadah Sellner is an author, international keynote speaker, poet, and the creator of the Mentorship Lab™ & Build Your Challenge course. Since 2009, Jadah has started three businesses and now helps creative CEOs, visionary entrepreneurs and social change companies build communities with love, impact & world-changing ideas at jadahsellner.com.
(You may also know her from her work as co-founder and co-author of Simple Green Smoothies, which has been featured on The Doctors TV show, Oprah’s O Magazine, Target and The Wall Street Journal.)
When Jadah’s not helping world changers build their tribes, you can catch her reading Shel Silverstein poems at the dinner table. She lives in the San Francisco bay area with her husband, daughter, and their little “chiweenie” dog, Clementine.
HOW WE MET
Jadah and I have biz buddies for years now – sharing ups, downs, ideas and dreams, but one of my fave memories — because it makes us sounds SERIOUSLY COOL — is dancing on a table top at TAO in Vegas in 2016.
(Told you. Makes us sound REALLY COOL, right??)
I have so much love for her mind, her heart, and her gift of creating intimacy (as our mutual friend Jen Kem calls it) in communities BIG and small.
So many ahas in this conversation.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- How her daughter Zoe was the muse for her first (brick + mortar) biz in Hawaii
- The power of the PIVOT – a tale of burnout / fighting / compromised health led her to her next business
- “Any business that compromises your health or your relationships is not sustainable.”
- The truth about running a biz with a (mobile) child by your side
- How to enroll your fam into your vision
- Key ingredients to confidence – How to cultivate belief in yourself
- Developing resilience / bounce back (seeing FAILURE as FEEDBACK)
- The power of intention in building her speaking career
- What work / life integration looks for her
LISTEN IN >>
There’s always more to talk about after the show (seriously – every time I stop recording I think oh WAIT! I could’ve shared this too!). Make sure you join The Naptime Empires Playground on Facebook to add your voice to the conversation.
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
- the Simple Green Smoothies book << affiliate link
- One Heart Music << Jadah’s husband George’s family music classes
MORE FROM JADAH
MORE FROM ME
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.