Holly Gillen of Holly G Studios helps high performing leading ladies save time on both sides of the camera by teaching them the skills they need to create not just video, but Business Cinema™. Videos with a plan, purpose, system, and strategy. Videos that move your business forward and have a bigger purpose. (She’s also a mom to two little guys and a biz buddy I’ve known since the start.)
HOW WE MET
Holly and I met in a mutual FB group when we were both getting started in 2013. Our first chance to meet in person was a year or so later, when Bryson and I headed to Connecticut where Jeremy was doing some Navy training we got to meet up in real life. (Nothing better.)
In 2016 when I had a vision to bring to life with our mutual friend Sarah Ashman – Holly was the videographer on set for the Naptime Empires photoshoot in DC. The videos she captured are PRICELESSSSS to me. It’s one thing to have pics, but video obviously adds so much more feeling. The clips double as super-handy B-roll and home videos.
(Thank you again for making that trip for us, Holly!)
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- How Holly’s business shifted after the birth of each of her sons
- How to stand out by showcasing who you are through the use of video
- Why video is the easiest and fastest way to create connections with people (especially during when so many people are missing in person social connection!)
- Holly’s fave apps to boost your productivity and focus
- Fun ideas for how she incorporated video collabs during her maternity leave
- The four pillars of pre-production (how to get started with video)
- Ideas for repurposing video (to make the most of your efforts)
LISTEN IN >>
If you haven’t tried video in a while (or ever), check out Holly’s video challenge and her Youtube channel for tips to help you dissolve your fear of pressing record. IDEA: You could feed multiple birds with one hand and do an INSTA STORY and tag us both so we can see and celebrate you!
ALSO: if you haven’t yet, I would SO appreciate it if you’d take 60 seconds to leave a rating and review while you’re listening in your fave podcasting app!
More reviews = more visibility for the entrepreneurial mamas (past, present, and future) looking for hope + humor along the journey.
KEY QUOTES FROM HOLLY
“Video is your voice. It’s your personality. It’s your tone. It’s the way you talk. It’s the words you use. It is your personality. It’s how people connect and relate to you.”
“It is my meditation. It’s my happy place to recharge.”
“Nobody starts out great. I tell people you need to make 100 terrible videos.”
“I help people realize that it’s okay for you to be exactly who you are on camera as you are in in person and you are enough as you are.”
“I equate it to watching roses bloom. It’s literally that beautiful for me…the transformations that occur during these 15 day challenges.”
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
Sunsama App (Holly’s affiliate link)
MORE FROM HOLLY
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on Apple Podcasts. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play. Or Spotify.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen. Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)