Context matters. Before I can actually UPDATE you on book progress, I gotta catch you up to speed on where we’re starting from. How we got to the current moment / draft in time.
In this episode I’ll share an overview of my personal writing (drafting, revising) process to date, including, but not limited to:
- how and why I chose Naptime Empires as my first book (with a squillion other ideas circulating)
- what prompted the first draft back in April 2020
- the exact process I used to go from 0 to 94k words in 12 days
- why I stopped working on it for months after that
- what got me back in the editing saddle (courtesy of Mother Nature’s #nofilter sense of humor)
- the perks o’ not meeting my original goal publish date
- how working on my book has been a boost to my physical health
- ideas for future episodes (share your vote via naptimeempires.com/convo!)
If you have no plans to write a book, this may not be your fave ep. It’s very housekeeping-y and in the weeds.
If you DO want to write (or have already written!) a book, howev, my hope is that hearing takeaways from my own messy process will help give you ideas. And/or confidence. Because it’s entirely possible you’ve really got your author ish together and hearing my journey helps you feel better about yours(elf).
Either way it’s a win in my book / podcast.
Take a listen here or in your fave pod player when you wanna and as always – let me know your fave takeaway by taking a screenshot (or a selfie as you listen) + tagging me on Instagram @nikkielledgebrown with #naptimeempires.
I’ll meet you there!
LISTEN IN >>
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Check out blog archives, resources, and how we can work together: nikkielledgebrown.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on Apple Podcasts. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play. Or Spotify.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.