** B-word disclaimer: As you’ll see below, Denise is creator of the brand (now formerly known as) Lucky [bee eye tee see H], so #naturally, this post + ep contain the B-word. If you’ve got little eyes and ears around, earmuff according to your personal preferences. **
Denise Duffield-Thomas is the money mindset mentor for the new wave of online female entrepreneurs. Her best-selling books Lucky B*tch and Get Rich, Lucky B*tch give a fresh and funny roadmap to create an outrageously successful life and business. Denise helps women release their fear of money, set premium prices for their services and take back control over their finances.
Denise is an award winning speaker, author, entrepreneur, and Aussie mum of two who helps women transform their economy-class money mindset into a first-class life.
HOW WE MET
Yet another FB connection, man – it’s so underestimated 😉 My first foray into Denise’s work was reading her book Get Rich Lucky B (aff link) in 2013. Reading the book totally changed the way I viewed money and allllllll my stories around it.
Didn’t know BLOCKS were a thing – besides writer’s block, rolled my eyes at #abundance and such, but as they say: it’s only “woo” till you understand it.
Since then I joined her money bootcamp – which I HIGHLY recommend! – gotten to know her through various groups – and we’ll finally get to meet in real life on NECKER ISLAND of all places later this year. Talk about Lucky Bee huh?
Denise is the queen of batching and max efficiency.
You’ll love hearing how she prepped her business for babies and manages a true “chillionaire” lifestyle while growing her empire with intention.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- How prepping for her first child inspired Denise to step up as the real CEO of her business
- Permission to opt out of mom guilt + be the kind of mom (mum ;)) that you ARE
- The power of SIMPLIFYING (+ the tale of her zombie movie that never made it to production)
- How she manages boundaries as the leader of a thriving online community
- Tips for speaking to kids about money (LOVE these tips — check her workshop linked below!)
- How she and her husband have made the transition to working together
KEY QUOTES FROM DENISE
“Having kids makes you an efficient goddess.”
“The baby was theoretical to me, whereas that (business) call was real to me.”
“Being a mom is being human, and it doesn’t make you less of an entrepreneur!”
LISTEN IN >>
There’s always more to talk about after the show (seriously – every time I stop recording I think oh WAIT! I could’ve shared this too!). Make sure you join The Naptime Empires Playground on Facebook to add your voice to the conversation.
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
*many of these are affiliate links, meaning if you click + eventually sign up for one of DDT’s programs, she may send me a “thanks for introducing us, Nik!” commish. Love her work. If you enjoy this interview, safe to say you will too.
- VIDEO: 7 Crucial Money Mindset Shifts (an interview we did together in 2015)
- BOOK: Get Rich, Lucky B*tch
- Babyproofing My Business (Denise’s blog post)
MORE FROM DENISE
- Her Money Bootcamp Program + Community
- Pricing Workshop
- Kids and Money Workshop
- Visit her website
- Like her on FB
- Follow her on Insta
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.