Andrea Crowder is a transformation coach who focuses on physical, financial and mindset. She is the creator of the Me First Movement™ Challenge. She teaches women how to create physical and financial wealth, freedom, and joy… UNAPOLOGETICALLY – so we can show up in the world in a bigger and more audacious way.
HOW WE MET
If you’ve heard my story you’ve probably heard me share about how I worked with over 100 entrepreneurs in that first summer of my business – Andrea was one of them. Part of my 2013 dream team.
We had a BLAST during our call together – both feisty women married to military dudes named Jeremy. Over the years she’s become a great biz buddy of mine. (She and Rachel Luna are super close friends too – Rachel gets a shout out in this episode, which feels like a great opportunity to remind you to check out HER Naptime Empires™ episode #008 if you haven’t yet. Super powerful.)
ANYWAY – back to the powerhouse who is Andrea. We recorded this convo toward the end of 2016 and when I listened back to it today I had to smile at the synchronistic timing of sharing it with you NOW.
We talk about so many ahas and insights that I’ve highlighted in each of the solo episodes (and will continue to) because we both agree that selfish is the new selfless.
When we take great care of ourselves, EVERYBODY benefits.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- How (+ why) she started her business when it clearly didn’t look like “the best time” (two school aged kids, husband just returning from deployment, house in boxes, full-time corporate job)
- Facing (+ releasing) the pressure to be a Pinterest mom
- How she intentionally traded the morning chaos for a MUCH more enjoyable alternative
- What drew her to network marketing (after saying she’d never try it again)
- Her best tips for staying focused while working from home (AKA avoiding browser blackout)
- How to get your FAM excited about your business (hint: it rhymes with shmenefit)
- The secret to working toward #futuregoals while still enjoying TODAY
- How massive burnout sparked her to take Fridays OFF and start the #mefirst movement
- Top tips for networking marketing + brand building online (she’s a master at this)
- A powerful reframe if you find yourself seeking validation through likes + shares
KEY QUOTES FROM ANDREA
“I have weeks where I’m like, ‘Man, I am on fire, I’m getting so much done,’ and weeks where I’m like, ‘What is happening, where am I?’”
“People get so focused on the prize that they forget about the journey and they forget about the people.”
“I never really had a plan B.”
“It didn’t really matter if I was getting paid the big bucks YET because I was really enjoying what I was doing.”
LISTEN IN >>
There’s always more to talk about after the show (seriously – every time I stop recording I think oh WAIT! I could’ve shared this too!). Make sure you join The Naptime Empires Playground on Facebook to add your voice to the conversation.
MENTIONED IN THIS EP
- Andrea’s ep on Rachel’s podcast, “How to Manifest Big Money + Big Connections”
- Rachel Luna + her NE episode (rachelluna.biz)
- BOOK: The 12 Week Year (affiliate link)
- Brendon Burchard’s High Performance Academy
MORE FROM ANDREA
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on iTunes. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen! Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)
- Have a comment, Q, or idea for a future show? Gimme the scoop using the form HERE.