Abbey Ashley is the Founder of The Virtual Savvy. She helps aspiring virtual assistants launch and grow their own at-home business from scratch. Abbey started her own virtual assistant business as a new mom and was able to double the salary from her full-time corporate job, working only 20 hours a week… in just 30 days! She’s since gone on to grow a seven-figure business and retire her husband ALL from her at-home business. It’s now her passion to help others start their own VA businesses so they can taste the freedom and flexibility of entrepreneurship as well.
IN THIS CONVO, WE COVER:
- What it means to be a virtual assistant
- Abbey’s best tips for hiring the perfect VA for YOU
- How and WHAT to delegate when you’re working with someone new
- How she and her husband transitioned to working together in the business
- The power of having dedicated full-time support in your business (and a financial buffer too!)
- How creating a course changed the game for her business (+ how she knew exactly what to build so it would sell like hotcakes)
- The flops within her business that happened before it took off
LISTEN IN >>
While you’re feeling inspired, take a sec to write down either 1) three things an assistant could take off your plate TODAY, or 2) what actions you’ll take to create a win-win offer for your audience like Abbey did.
And if you haven’t yet, I would SO appreciate it if you’d take 60 seconds to leave a rating and review while you’re listening in your fave podcasting app!
More reviews = more visibility for the entrepreneurial mamas (past, present, and future) looking for hope + humor along the journey.
KEY QUOTES FROM ABBEY
“I literally just asked my audience what they wanted and like lucky enough, I’m super passionate about the thing that they wanted me to create.”
“You’ve got to find somebody that’s going to fit in with your company culture.”
“At a certain point in business it’s worthwhile, rather than having a ton of people doing a lot of tiny things have just full-time devoted people on your team.”
“It’s like realizing the value of the labor of being the primary caregiver.” (about husband taking over new dad role)
MORE FROM ABBEY
MORE FROM ME
Join my private FB Community: The Naptime Empires™ Playground
Take a look around my digi-homebase: nikkielledgebrown.com
Sign up for free writing tips: acourseaboutcopy.com
MORE FROM *YOU*
- Like what you hear? If SO, be sure to subscribe to Naptime Empires™ on Apple Podcasts. Or Stitcher. Or Google Play. Or Spotify.
- For (SINCERELY appreciated) bonus points: Leave me a rating + review! Even just a couple quick words will help MORE entrepreneurial mamas find the show.
- Use the hashtag #naptimeempires to join the conversation on social media. (Not to be a creeper, but I LOVE seeing pics of what you’re doing while you listen. Laundry? Walking? Hiding in the closet?)